KGMOA – Medi-IQ 2019
Kerala Government Medical Officers’ Association (KGMOA) is the one and only recognised service organization of Doctors working in the Health Services Department of Kerala State.
Amrithakiranam is a novel venture of the KGMOA State committee to promote scientific medicine and healthy living, which is possible only through development of scientific temper among the student community. The major initiatives of Amrithakiranam were the Immunisation Quiz (IQ) conducted in January 2017 and Medi IQ in January 2018,which were taken up very enthusiastically by the student community all over Kerala.
This year we are widening the scope of the Quiz, named Medi-IQ 2019 to encompass more areas of health and Medicine.
The broad topics that would be covered are:
The broad topics that would be covered are:
· Human body (structure and functions)
· Health related general knowledge and current affairs.
· Medicine: History, Discoveries, Inventions
· National health programmes
· Basics of health care system
· Communicable diseases: causative agents, vectors,, prevention
· Non communicable diseases: types, risk factors, prevention
· Vaccines and Vaccine Preventable Diseases
· Nutrition and breastfeeding
· First aid
· Adolescent health
· Myths about health and Medicine
· Organ donation
· Latest advances in health care
· Mental health
· New born care
· Food adulteration
· Nobel prizes in Medicine, Other awards, Day observations related to health
· Few questions from Amritakiranam Facebook page /articles
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF DISTRICT LEVEL COMPETITION
1. The competition shall be held at two levels: District and State.
2. Only one team per school shall be allowed to take part in the district level competition which shall be held on 2nd December 2018 at the respective district centres. (Details given in Annexure)
3. Each team shall consist of two students from classes 8 to 10 of the same school.
4. The participants should bring the following documents:
a. A certificate from the head of the institution stating their full name and class and certifying that they are bonafide students of the institutions
b. Their school identity cards
5. The participants shall report at the venue by sharp 9 am.
6. The students should preferably be accompanied by at least one teacher from the school.
7. Registration shall be accepted only via SMS / Whatsapp message on the numbers given in the Annexure (in the approved format). For any queries, you may contact the same numbers between 2pm and 3pm. Calls at other times may please be avoided strictly.
8. An acknowledgement message with registration number shall be sent within 24 hours to the same number from which the registration was made. If u do not receive this message within the stipulated time, kindly confirm the receipt of your registration through a phone call.
9. Registration shall close at 5 pm on 1st December 2018
10. District level competition shall have two segments: PRELIMS and FINALS
11. Preliminary round shall be a written exam of 25 multiple choice questions with negative marks for answers.
12. Six teams scoring highest marks in the prelims shall compete in the finals, which shall be an AUDIOVISUAL round.
13. Three winners at district level shall be given cash prizes of Rs 5000, Rs 2500, Rs 1000 respectively along with certificates and mementoes.
14. All participating teams shall be given certificates.
15. The first prize winning teams from each district shall represent the district in the State Level Grand Finale which shall be held on 27 January 2019 at Trivandrum
16. Three winners of state level competition shall be awarded Rs.10000, Rs. 5000 and Rs. 2500 respectively
17. Details of venue at district level and mode of registration are given in Annexure below.
Expecting the participation of your school in the competition
01 November 2018
Hon. General Secretary
KGMOA MediiQ District level competition- Sunday ,December 2nd 2018
Venue – KGMOA Headquarters
General Hospital Junction,
Three winners at district level shall be given cash prizes of Rs 5000, Rs 2500, Rs 1000 respectively along with certificates and mementoes
Registration shall be accepted only via SMS / Whatsapp message to the mobile number 9747225493
Format for SMS / Whatsapp Medi-IQ (Space) NAME OF SCHOOL (Space) Name of participant A (Space)Name of participant B For example: Medi-IQ GHS Ramapuram Anitha & Rajesh
Only one team per school .